Friday, June 19, 2009

62/Wolves/Other/New Video




Here's another song off of album 62, now titled Wolves. The song's called Woolf. Im moving into my new place soon so I've been a bit scattered and I fear my music may have suffered because of it.
No worries though. Once I move, I'm sure it'll fall back into place again.

Im also in something of a new band. More updates on that later.

Recently, I've been poking around the blogs of my fellow students. It's sad to see a recent trend in this vague, self serving notion of charitable social awareness. There's a constant theme of 'I have so little but it pains me to see you'. First, I will not dodge the bullet that I live comfortably. I do. Very much so. This is also due to my parents unending care which I do, after seeing and experiencing the parents of others, truly feel blessed for having. Anyway, this incredibly shallow attempt to make one seem more worldly/concerned by smugly pointing out when they felt they could spare a pocket of change and when they couldn't has become truly frustrating. If you're going to act concerned, be concerned. Now, I'm not saying that everyone should devote their paychecks to charity. I understand that it is & can be hard to spare anything at times. I'm just asking for a bit of humility. Waxing philosophically about the woes of center city Philadelphia (which, mind you, is fucking heaven compared to the outer reaches of northern or western Philly, not to mention many other cities which are far worse off nationally, or internationally) will do nothing to change it. If you really want to do something, cut out the name brand products you buy. Donate. Go to protests. And get the notion out of your head that passively being liberal doesn't make you a better person, because it never will.

No comments:

PLEASE NOTE

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us
This work is licenced under a Creative Commons Licence. You are free: to Share — to distribute and transmit the work Under the following conditions: Attribution. You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work). Noncommercial. You may not use this work for commercial purposes. No Derivative Works. You may not alter, transform, or build upon this work. For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to this web page. Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder. Nothing in this license impairs or restricts the author's moral rights.